Delivering great retail service since 1987
We have been high street retailers, trading from our store in Kingswinford, West Midlands since 1987. Our store specialises in cards, gifts, Thorntons confectionery and balloons. We were awarded Hallmark Cards Retailer of the Year in 2008 and in 2010 won a ‘Reta’ as best greeting card retailer for the Wales & West Midlands region. We pride ourselves on our store being friendly and welcoming, our staff helpful and informative, and our aim is to create an environment where customers can browse comfortably and shopping is a pleasurable and personal experience; this is how we hope you will feel shopping on our website too.
As with any high street store, the range of gifts we can offer in our shop is limited by our physical size and we would love to offer a wider selection; this is where shopforsomethingspecial.com comes in! We already stock both Thorntons confectionery and a significant range of balloons which we deliver locally, plus many well known and slightly more unusual gift brands, however we know that the scope of gift ideas we can offer our customers online is so much greater.
In the summer of 2015 it was decided that my daughter Sarah would join the business with the specific task of expanding our gifting range through an online business which benefits both our existing customers, and also enable us to offer our services to a much wider audience too. www.shopforsomethingspecial.co.uk was borne out of a desire to take our customer ethos, retail experience and a greater selection of products to more local people through a click and collect service from the store, but also to a much wider online audience across the country and eventually worldwide.
It is our plan not only to bring you a wide range of unique and interesting gifts but also to find and offer opportunities for extra special services such as beautiful gift wrapping and personalisation, which really does take gifting above and beyond what you might find elsewhere on the high street or with other online retailers.
Our business name is Something Special and we would like to welcome you to our online business. Our aim is to bring you the same great shopping experience online which we offer our store customers, so if you have any comments whether they be good or bad about either products you buy or the service we offer please get in touch and let us know. Feedback is really important to us in improving what we do and ensuring you get the best possible products and service from us.
We love talking to and hearing from our customers!
We really hope you love shopping with us.
Best Wishes on behalf of all the team.
Christine Knott, Director
|Company details||Trading address||VAT Registration No.|
|For your information our company details are as follows:www.shopforsomethingspecial.co.uk
is entirely owned and operated by Something Special (Kingswinford) Ltd
The company is registered in England
The company registration number is 7000762
|Something Special (Kingswinford) Ltd
4 Townsend Place
|441 8599 23|
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you need to contact us for any reason please
Phone us on: 01384 273 760
Between 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to leave a message on the answer phone and we promise to get back to you within one business day.
DATA PROTECTION SECURITY
As a business, Something Special (Kingswinford) Ltd is committed to protecting any information we collect from you. We collect information from you in order to process your order and to help us provide you with the best possible service.
We may use your email address to send you details of offers or new products too. If you are unhappy about us doing this simply email us at email@example.com and we will remove you from our marketing database.
We keep your data strictly confidential in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998 and absolutely will never pass your details on to any other organisation without your express permission.
We collect the following information from you when you place an order:
- your contact information i.e. email address, address and telephone number. We need this information in order to let you know that your order has been received and also when it is despatched. We may also need to contact you if there is a problem of any kind.
- details of your orders so that we can track any issues which may arise later e.g. if a fault develops with a product later on, or you need to return an item for any reason. This information also helps us to establish your interests and therefore let you know of any offers which may be specifically of interest to you.
- we retain your email correspondence and a record of any phone calls so that we can keep track of any problems or concerns you may have raised.
We only use your personal information to:
- deal with your orders and payments for goods on our website
- provide you with up to date information about our products and services
- manage our business activities through our website
- ensure we can follow up on any matters you raise with us
If you wish, you can at any time ask us what personal information we hold about you.
Just email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you feel that any of this information is inaccurate, or inappropriate, we will deal with the matter promptly either by correcting the information or deleting it.
PLACING AN ORDER
Once you have placed all the items that you want to order into your shopping basket you can will be able to see the total value of your order. If you have any discount codes you will be asked to add them at this point, and your order value will be adjusted accordingly.
You can then select which delivery method you wish to use. You will be given the option of:
- Royal Mail Second Class
- Royal Mail First Class
- Guaranteed Next Delivery by 1p.m
- Click & Collect from our Kingwinford store only
Once you have selected your delivery option you will be able to see the total value of your order including delivery costs; this will be the total amount which you will need to pay.
You will be given the option to select a delivery and a billing address which may be different.
We have chosen to use Royal Mail as our preferred delivery platform as it is a recognised and easy to understand system of delivery. If you’re not at home when the delivery is made, Royal Mail will attempt delivery of your item to one of your neighbours, and will post a ‘Something for you’ card through your letterbox to let you know where your parcel has been left. If they are unable to deliver the parcel to you, or a neighbour, it will be returned to your local Royal Mail Delivery Office for you to collect it, or to arrange a redelivery and you will receive a ‘Something for you’ card through your letterbox telling you this. You can fill out a short form at your local Royal Mail Delivery Office to nominate which neighbour you would like parcels to be left with, or to opt out of parcels being left with a neighbour at all.
Please note that we are currently unable to ship any orders outside of the UK. Any orders placed for delivery outside the UK will be cancelled and refunded.
PAYING FOR YOUR ORDER
Please note that currently we only accept payment in pounds sterling.
All prices quoted include VAT at the current rate of 20%.
You can choose to pay in two different ways:
PAYMENT BY DEBIT/CREDIT CARD
If you choose this option you will be transferred to a secure web payment page hosted by Global Payments. Global Payments are part of HSBC Bank, who are a worldwide payment service provider who operate under the strictest data security guidelines and have the highest level of PCI-DSS compliance. All information passed to them is totally secure. We do not hold your card payment details on our website.
PAYMENT THROUGH PAYPAL
If you have a Paypal account or wish to open one you can make your payment through your account simply by clicking on the Pay by Paypal option and following the instructions on the screen.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
Once you have placed your order and your payment has been received, we will send you an email confirmation, showing details of the order you have placed. Please check this email to ensure that your order is as you expected.
We will email you again as soon as your items have been despatched, so you will know to expect your delivery soon. Acceptance of your order will only be deemed to have occurred once you receive the email confirmation that your order has been despatched. At this point the contract between us is deemed firm.
By making a purchase from our site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions which Something Special (Kingswinford) Ltd reserve the right to revise at any time.
IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY ORDER THE WRONG THING OR GIVE US THE WRONG INFORMATION WHILE PLACING YOUR ORDER
Please ring us immediately on 01384 273 760. We are available 9-5.30p.m., Monday to Friday; outside of these hours please leave an answerphone message and we promise to get back to you as soon as we are able to. We will make our best endeavours to stop your order before it is despatched, however if we are unable to do this, you will need to cancel your order using the instructions given below.
Unfortunately we cannot cancel, refund or exchange any perishable or made to order lines including personalised items, balloons, confectionery and pierced earrings.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ORDER
We sincerely hope that when you shop with us everything will be simple and straightforward, however unfortunately we all know that sometimes things do go wrong. In those instances, if the fault lies with us, or with a service we provide we promise to do everything we can to put matters right as quickly as possible, with the least possible trouble for you.
It is a fact of life that unfortunately, a very small minority of people may seek to take advantage of our goodwill, and we reserve the right to deal with these matters as best we can to protect our good name. This is to protect not only ourselves but also the quality of products and services which we can offer to our genuine and valued customers.
THIS OF COURSE DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.
What to do:
IF THE ITEMS YOU RECEIVE ARE DAMAGED
1. Please either ring us on 01384 273 760 or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible and certainly within 14 days of receiving your parcel to let us know there is a problem. (Failure to do so within the proscribed time will invalidate your right to any refund or replacement).
2. In most cases we will probably ask to see photographic evidence of the damaged goods and reserve the right to do so at our discretion before refunding or replacing the goods. This will enable us to deal with your problem as quickly as possible.
3. We will either provide a full refund of the price you paid together with the postage costs or replace the goods at our expense. If a replacement is requested and stock is available this will be despatched within one working day of our conversation.
4. We may sometimes ask you to return the goods to us and should this be requested we will explain fully what you need to do.
If you think there is an item missing or an item is not what you ordered…
1. Your parcel should contain the items listed on the delivery note accompanying your goods which has been generated from your order. If this is not the case we will put things right as quickly as possible.
2. Please contact us either by phone on 01384 273 760 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and definitely within 14 days of receipt of your parcel so we can agree the best solution with you. (Failure to do so within 14 days will invalidate your right to any refund or replacement).
3. Please provide the order number as shown on your delivery note and details of what is missing or what you have been sent by mistake. If you require us to send a replacement item this will be done within one working day provided the stock is available and will be at our expense.
4. If you have been sent the wrong item we will ask you to return this to us at our expense and will provide full instructions about how to do this. We are sorry if this causes you any inconvenience and appreciate your assistance.
IF YOUR ITEM IS FAULTY
Whilst we only supply products from reputable companies and we make every effort to check all items we send out we accept that occasionally goods are faulty on arrival or develop a fault shortly afterwards. Please make sure you read carefully any care and usage instructions provided with your purchase as we cannot accept responsibility for any item reported as faulty due either to misuse or general wear and tear.
That said should you identify a fault with any product:
1. Please contact us as soon as the fault arises on 01384 273 760 or email us at email@example.com. When you contact us, please tell us full details of the problem, and include your name, address, email address and telephone number; if possible please also provide your original order number and date of order. We do understand if you no longer have this so don’t worry.
2. We may ask you to return the item to us at our cost and if so, we will explain how you should do this. Depending on the circumstances of the fault, we may offer to refund, replace or repair your goods.
We are grateful for your help on this matter and any apologise for any possible inconvenience this causes.
HOW TO MAKE A RETURN
1. If you wish to make a return for any reason or have been asked to do so by us, please pack up the item you are returning carefully as we cannot be held responsible for any breakages or damage caused in transit. We are not responsible for returned items until they are safely back at our premises so we suggest you obtain free proof of postage from the post office when sending. Items will not be considered returned until we are in receipt of them and no refunds or exchanges will be offered prior to this point.
2. Unless you have specifically been asked to return an item by us all returns will be at your cost.
3. When returning goods to us please print, fully complete and enclose a copy of our Returns Form inside the returned parcel. Alternatively, please enclose a note giving your name and address, telephone number and email address plus details of the item you are returning and the reason. It is important to include your returns code if you have been issued with one. If you do not include all of the relevant information it may cause a delay in the problem being resolved.
Please return your items to:
Returns at shopforsomethingspecial.co.uk
4 Townsend Place
CLICK & COLLECT RETURNS
If you have used the Click & Collect service from our Kingswinford store you can return items to the store free of charge. Whatever the reason for your return, you will need to print and complete our Returns Form and bring it with you when returning the parcel, or complete a returns form in store. A member of the team will provide you with a receipt for your returned item but cannot make refunds on the shop floor. Any refund due will be credited back to the card on which the original payment was made. If a refund is due this will be processed within three business days.
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER
If you change your mind about an item you have ordered, order the wrong thing, or the item is not what you expected, you may cancel your order as follows:
1. You may choose to cancel your order provided that you do so no later than 14 days after the day on which you receive your goods. If you have ordered multiple items this date is the date on which the final item reaches you.
2. You cannot return goods which have been made specifically for you or are personalised or which will deteriorate quickly e.g. balloons, confectionery or anything which is sealed for health or hygiene purposes on which the seal has been broken.
3. If you intend to cancel any item you are obliged to take reasonable care of it while it is still in your possession. We may make a deduction in the reimbursement value for any loss in value of the said item whilst in your possession, if the damage is as a result of unnecessary handling by you.
4. If you wish to cancel you must give us a clear statement of your intention to do so by using our cancellation form, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, your address, details of your order (order number) your contact telephone number and email address.
5. When you contact us to let us know your intention to cancel, we will issue you with an order cancellation number; please write this number on the parcel which you return to us.
6. If you decide to cancel you must return the items specified in the above statement to us at your cost within 14 days of your cancellation notice. We will reimburse the cost of the item (less any loss in value as shown in point 3 above) together with the cost of standard delivery within 14 days of receiving the item at our premises or of proof of sending. We would advise that you obtain a proof of sending from the post office for your own records and security. The reimbursement will be made by the method used to pay for the original transaction.
The contents of this website, including its design, all photographs, text and other material are copyright to Something Special (Kingswinford) Ltd. Any attempt to use, alter, copy, publish, transmit or tamper with any of the contents is strictly prohibited and will be met with the full force of UK law.
Something Special (Kingswinford) Ltd reserves the right to change the information and descriptions of any items or services listed on the website at any time and does not accept liability for any errors or omissions and will carry out any necessary changes as soon as possible after discovery.
Facebook Competition Terms and Conditions
- Competition entrants must ‘Like’ the relevant competition post to be entered into the draw to win.
- By entering the competition you accept and agree to abide by Facebook’s Terms and Conditions. If you are found to be in violation of these terms and conditions your entry will be automatically disqualified from the competition.
- Any competition run on our Facebook page is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with Facebook.
- We will announce the winner on our Facebook page after the closing date, so remember to check back to see if you have been picked! We will ask the winner to send us a personal message (PM) at Shop For Something Special to claim their prize.
- Competition only open to entrants from the UK