Delivering great retail service since 1987
DATA PROTECTION & SECURITY
As a business, Something Special (Kingswinford) Ltd is committed to protecting any information we collect from you. We collect information from you in order to process your order and to help us provide you with the best possible service.
We may use your email address to send you details of offers or new products too. You will be given the option to opt out of these emails when you provide your details, however if you agree to receive our emails, but change your mind at a later date, simply use the ‘unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of your latest email from us, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our marketing database.
We collect the following information from you when you place an order:
- your contact information i.e. email address, address and telephone number. We need this information in order to let you know that your order has been received and also when it is despatched. We may also need to contact you if there is a problem of any kind.
- details of your orders so that we can track any issues which may arise later e.g. if a fault develops with a product later on, or you need to return an item for any reason. This information also helps us to establish your interests and therefore let you know of any offers which may be specifically of interest to you.
- we retain your email correspondence and a record of any phone calls so that we can keep track of any problems or concerns you may have raised.
We only use your personal information to:
- deal with your orders and payments for goods on our website
- provide you with up to date information about our products and services
- manage our business activities through our website
- ensure we can follow up on any matters you raise with us
If you wish, you can at any time ask us what personal information we hold about you. Just email your request to: email@example.com. We will ask you to provide information to verify your identity before we disclose any information to you, and we may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. If you feel that any of this information we hold about you is inaccurate, or inappropriate, we will deal with the matter promptly either by correcting the information or deleting it.
We may share your personal information with our employees, but only as is necessary in order to deliver the services set out above. We keep your data strictly confidential in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998 and absolutely will never pass your details on to any third party without your express permission. The only other time we may disclose your personal information is where we are required to do so by law, whether this be to defend, establish or exercise our legal rights, or in connection with ongoing or possible upcoming legal proceedings.
We take all reasonable measures to prevent loss or misuse of your personal data which you provide to us. All data is stored on secure servers which are password and firewall protected. It is your responsibility to keep any site passwords and/or login details secure, and we will never ask you for these details other than when you are logging into our website. We cannot guarantee the security of data transferred over the internet as this, by nature, has the potential to be insecure.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We regularly review our policies and procedures and we may update this policy from time to time. If we make any changes to the policy, a new version will be posted to our website. It is your responsibility to check and ensure you are happy with this policy