Delivering great retail service since 1987
What to write in a wedding card…
You have your outfit ready, your accommodation booked, and the perfect card and gift ready to give the happy couple, so you’re all ready for the wedding of the year right?! Well maybe not quite… you still have the card to write, and although it’s often a last minute thought, what you write in that special wedding card is pretty important… After all the excitement of the big day has died down and the last of the cake has been eaten, all many couples have left to remember their special day is photographs, memories, and those all-important wedding cards; the cards which will serve as a reminder of all of the special people who joined them to celebrate the biggest and best day of their lives. Your card is your opportunity to wish the newly weds well, tell them how happy you are for them, and maybe crack a few jokes if you feel inclined, but what do you write in your card to make it extra special? What do you write to make it stand out from the crowd when they rummage through that memory box a few years down the line? What do you write that will help their grandchildren get a feeling of their special day on their 40th, 50th or 60th anniversary?
Here’s a few ideas which might help, whatever your style or relationship to the bride and groom…
- May the joy you feel today last a lifetime.
- Wishing you the best today and always.
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- So happy to celebrate this day with you both!
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- I’m/we’re so thrilled to celebrate this wonderful day with you both.
- Here’s to love and friendship!
- May your joining together bring you more joy than you can imagine.
- May God bless you and your marriage.
- May God grant you all of life’s blessings and love’s joys.
- Praying for you both in the special season of life.
- May the Lord bless you and keep you (happy/safe/blessed/etc.) in your new life together!
- “Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-13
- “God has poured out His love into our hearts.” Romans 5:5
- Sending you prayers for unending love and happiness.
- May the One who brought you together bless your marriage, enrich your lives and deepen your love throughout the years.
- I am so happy to call you both my friends! Congrats!
- May you bring each other as much happiness as your friendship has brought to my life – and more!
- We’re/I’m so happy [name] has found ‘the one.’ Welcome to the family!
- Today, we add one more member to our family, and we couldn’t be happier. Best wishes to you both.
- We/I couldn’t be happier to call you both family. Best wishes for a long and happy future together.
- Best wishes to my best friend and [relation] and new [relation] as you start your life together.
- Remember when you made that list of qualities of a ‘perfect man/woman?’ Well, you found him/her. Lots of love now and always.
- Son/daughter, I/we feel many emotions on this day. Most of all, I’m/we’re happy you’ve found someone wonderful to share your life with. Best wishes to you both.
- We/I know we’re/I’m not losing a son/daughter. We’re/I’m gaining a son/daughter. Much happiness to you.
- May the love you share today grow stronger as you grow old together.
- Wishing you joy, love and happiness on your wedding day and as you begin your new life together.
- Congratulations on signing your life away!
- Do you know what late nights, parties and hanging out with friends on the weekend have in common? You won’t be able to do any of those from now on. Congratulations for your wedding.
- I cancelled all my appointments and an important meeting just so that I could make it to your wedding. After all, free booze was just too lucrative to give up. Congratulations.
- Stay in love, stay married, stay hopeful, most of all, stay together – divorce is too expensive.
- The only difference between marriage and stupidity is that marriage is expensive while stupidity comes free of cost. Congratulations for being expensively stupid.
- Love is temporary insanity curable by marriage.
- Marriage is an adventure, like going to war.
- Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy.
- As Bill and Ted said, ‘Be excellent to each other.
- Thanks for inviting us to eat and drink while you get married. Congrats!
- Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow.
- May this day you share be filled with love and laughter, may all the days ahead be happy ever after!
- I wish your love would be just as endless as the rings you exchange and wear, a circle of real happiness for both of you to share!
- I’ve never imagined that there can be a day, A day when love will find its way. Out of your heart and into his (her) soul, These feelings you have are beyond control. Congratulations on your wedding!
If you haven’t yet bought you wedding gift, or you’re looking for something a little bit different or special, don’t forget to check out our wedding gifts for some great ideas!